Hello! Welcome to the Personal Narrative Writing Module. “Narrative” is a term more commonly known as “story.” Personal narratives tell a story usually to illustrate some truth or insight.
Check out the objectives below so see some of skills you will gain in completing this module.
Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, well-chosen details, and well-structured event sequences.
Engage and orient the reader by setting out a problem, situation, or observation, establishing one or multiple point(s) of view, and introducing a narrator and/or characters; create a smooth progression of experiences or events.
Use narrative techniques, such as dialogue, pacing, description, reflection, and multiple plot lines, to develop experiences, events, and/or characters.
Use a variety of techniques to sequence events so that they build on one another to create a coherent whole.
Use precise words and phrases, telling details, and sensory language to convey a vivid picture of the experiences, events, setting, and/or characters.
Provide a conclusion that follows from and reflects on what is experienced, observed, or resolved over the course of the narrative.
Now follow the steps below to complete the Personal Narrative Writing Module.
1. Go to go Google Classroom and download the Google Doc called “Personal Narrative Writing Module Reflections”. Complete this Google Doc as you complete the remaining steps.
2. Read “My Grandmother’s Hair”.
3. Watch the video below to learn more about what a personal narrative is and what to add and what to leave out.
4. Now watch the video below for information on how to format your personal narrative essay.
5. Now that you have read and watched the videos above go back to Google Classroom and download the Google Slides titled “Personal Narrative Essay Module”. Go through the steps.
6. Submit your final personal narrative to Google Classroom.
Congratulations you have completed the Personal Narrative Writing Module.